Translate

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Umm... Hi?

*coughs*

So, um... hi.

In case you don't remember in the... oh my goodness... 8 months since I or Margret remembered this blog existed (Actually no! We talked about coming back to it as a New Years Resolution... see how well that went), I'm Amanda Vinshire. Not actually my last name and I'm not actually sisters with Margaret Vinshire. We're just best friends that decided to do a blog together for young writers, cause hey, we're young writers and all the good writer's blogs you find today talk about being married and having your day job and I'm not even old enough to be employed without a work permit from my school. Plus, we felt it was our solemn duty to share our brilliant wit with the world! (and try to make that elusive "platform" thing, which I think exists about as much as this thing they call the "sun")

Update On What's Been Happening With Us

AP Bio and Euro devoured my soul. I will not get it back until July 8 when I receive my AP scores. Fingers crossed for the best! School is now over though and with summer came the start of me actually making the plunge into editing my book. That is in process. I've already done some stuff to it, and there's an ever growing list of further edits I'm going to be making. I think they're all pretty good ones though. I may not want to do them, but I know they're going to help. I actually did write, edit, and publish a book in that time! Margaret's birthday present, and only published two copies, but I made both of them completely myself. And it's hard cover. And it has a book jacket! (thanks to my mom who works at a printing company) AND IT WAS PRETTY DANG IMPRESSIVE.

Just, ya'know, not actually a book I'm going to make any profit on. Unless ya'll would like to know the secrets of becoming her best friend.

Note: The book comes with a clear warning. Those attempting to replace Amanda as Margaret's best friend will meet a nasty end.

Margaret turned 16. She's old now. She attempted to submit her book to agents a few more times, got rejected, and has since decided that she is going to be rewriting her entire book. Yes, that is right. No, it's not just because of the rejects, that would be a very extreme response that I do not suggest for you all. That calls for some editing. Not an overhaul. She just got to the point where there were so many edits she wanted to make she felt like she would probably end up having to rewrite most of it anyways and just decided to start from scratch.

What Does The Fact That We're Back Mean?

Well, this time we're actually planning on being serious about it, we hope. Okay, let me rephrase that. WE'RE SERIOUS THIS TIME. AND IF WE FALTER ON THAT, SEND US ANGRY EMAILS AND MESSAGES AND YELL AS US. TELL US THAT WE FAILED. No, seriously, do.

Margaret has it on her schedule to write a post every Monday. I'm probably more going to update when something strikes me or if I haven't in a while. We're planning on coming up with a couple different topics and saving them so that if we ever need a topic to rant about we can pick one. Also, I am thinking about the possibilities of actually uploading an actual legit story up here. People say it's good to have a couple different projects going at once so that when you get bored or uninspired with one you can go to another. So, something else to put my mind to if I'm feeling like exploding into FLAMES OF RAGE over my manuscript.

Margaret here, making a minor footnote. I'm debating writing a story myself, *legasp* and posting it here as well. Let's see what happens, shall we?

That's pretty much what we're doing. Seeing what happens. Hope you're all on board for the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment