Translate

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Reblog: How to Do Your Chores in 12 Easy Steps

So today was my first day at a job that I'm going to be doing on Saturdays. We know a newlywed couple who both work full time and she has physical disabilities so too much physical exertion is painful, so she's hired me to help her clean up on Saturday for a few hours. I'm pretty good at cleaning other people's stuff, and I need money (lots of stuff to save up for), so it's a pretty good fit.

However, while I am good at cleaning other people's stuff, I am horrible at cleaning my own. I'm lazy, I get used to the mess and dealing with it, if I ever do decide to actually go and clean I'll get distracted or I'll realize just how much I have to clean and start trying to clean too many things at once, or I won't clean up cleaning up (as in putting away the cleaning materials). 

Which leads me to my reblog.

This is a brilliant little article that I found once, and it's just an awesome blog in general.

How to Do Your Chores in 12 Easy Steps by Nathan Bransford

http://blog.nathanbransford.com/2013/05/how-to-do-your-chores-in-12-easy-steps.html

"Step 1: Start a novel

Step 2: Write 50 pages in a month

Step 3: Write 5 pages in the next two months

Step 4: Stare at the screen

Step 5: Despair

Step 6: Open a closet

Step 7: Eye cleaning supplies longingly

Step 8: Clean every square inch of your apartment/house, marveling at how much more fun you're having than writing your novel

Step 9: Find a filing cabinet, organize it

Step 10: Find tiles, scrub them with a toothbrush

Step 11: Run out of things to clean, return to computer

Step 12: Stare at the screen in a freakishly clean living space"



And the funniest thing about it?

I can't count how many times it's worked for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment