Translate

Friday, August 8, 2014

Force For Good

http://elitedaily.com/news/world/j-k-rowling-pens-letter-to-girl-who-survived-family-massacre/698490/

I discovered this article today and had to share it.

We've discussed on this blog before Why You Will (Probably) Never Become As Famous As J. K. Rowling, and I'm not here to rehash this. But on the 1/7 billion chance that I, or anyone who reads this does, I would like to say that that's how you do it.

There is nothing that can really make the situation for Cassidy Stay "alright". Since I belong to the same faith as Cassidy I know that she knows that she is going to see her entire family again. That this isn't the end. That doesn't change the fact that they're all gone.

It's a horrible tragedy, but I think that Rowling's actions are beyond admirable. She can't make the situation alright, like I said, but she did something to try to make it just a little better. If there's any chance that any of us could be as famous as Rowling one day, I hope that we could do something like that.

Personally that's a bit of a dream for me. If I could accomplish anything with my writing, I want to make someone's life better. Give them hope for a better day, encourage them to keep living and fighting, to make the best of everything. I want to be a force for good in any way that I can.

I suppose maybe that's why this article hit me so hard, because Rowling's doing what I hope to be able to do some day. What we should all hope to be able to do one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment