Translate

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

I Found a Title!

Good news I'm sharing with you because I know you all care!

I found a title for my book!

Yes, the novel that I completed a year and a half ago finally has a name.

I would love to show you guys the process of how I came to the title and all the different ones that I tired out and dismissing and edited and tweaked... but I can't because it just kinda came to me when I have half awake this morning.

I go to a class early in the morning that starts at 6:00. There's time to go home afterwards before school, so usually I just wake up, roll out of bed, pull on a jacket and a pair of shoes, wrap myself up in a blanket and get in the car and sleep on the way there. Sometimes I'm half awake though and my brain goes into this odd half awake half asleep aether state. I'm awake enough that I'm controlling my thoughts but asleep enough that I'm not... it's really hard to explain.

Some of my best ideas have come from that state.

It's really weird, but awesome.

This morning I was in this aether mind place, and I was thinking about getting published and how excited I'd be telling my friends and family and you guys... and as I was, I imagined telling people "I found an agent who's going to represent Beguiled!" 

It literally just came to me.

Like I said, weird but really super awesome.

Has anything like that ever happened to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment