Translate

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Words Are the Best

When we finished the AP US History test, my teacher decided that he didn't want to spend the entire next few weeks doing nothing, so he assigned us a project. Of course the main purpose of the class is over, so instead of making the project history related, what we had to do instead was come up with a presentation on what is "The Best".

It could be the best food, the best sport, the best athlete, the best movie. A lot of people did the best club/elective on campus. Best past time, best over all.

This project was also the first time in my entire academic career that signing up last landed me with the last day. That last day was today.

I had no idea what to do for the project for a while, but I eventually decided that I was going to do my presentation on how "Words are the best form of communication." If you remember my post about the Worth of 1000 Words, I really hate the phrase "A  picture's worth 1000 words" because it degrades the worth of words. This presentation ended up being more of an excuse for me to try to dismiss that phrase.

You've got to understand, as someone who works primarily with words, it comes off almost as an insult to me. Which I'm fully aware is irrational, but whenever they say that it makes me feel like in a way they're belittling me and what I'm try to create. So this presentation turned out a little (read: highly) passionate.

I asked someone to record my entire presentation, but it ended up being 17 minutes long, so the file was far too huge to send to myself. So I can't show you that, but I can link you to the Power Point.


It won't be as good as the actually presentation because I can't share with you all of my intonations and comments, but I did my best to add those into the presentation so it'd make a little more sense. 

Enjoy though!

No comments:

Post a Comment